Autumn in the UK is just about creeping in, it’s getting a few degrees colder, it’s darker earlier and October is almost upon us! It’s definitely my favourite season, it’s the best of both worlds, as you still get some nice days but you can get your cosy knitwear and blankets out of storage for the winter.
I wanted to write this post to reflect on September and set my intentions for the new month ahead, hopefully I can make these monthly reviews a reoccurring theme in the future if you guys like this kind of post.
I wanted to quickly highlight these Lush products I picked up from the Halloween range, I am loving the pumpkin spice lip scrub and I’m yet to use the bath bomb, I plan on having a pamper evening soon!
September reflection – It was a mixed month, very busy and in hindsight I probably did a bit too much!
- I took part in the Connect, Empower & Thrive event organised by Jules from Marketing Mixology. We had a lovely evening and it was great speaking to like-minded women and set some goals for the blog.
- I bought a new car, yay!
- I ran the Pretty Muddy Race for Life 5K and raised £228.24 for Cancer Research UK, I’m really grateful to everyone who donated.
- The latest addition to our household, Dexter arrived! He’s very cute but likes to chew things.
Looking forward to October…
- Slowing down is one of my key goals for October. I would like to learn to say no more often and avoid burning myself out.
- Write more consistently on the blog, I would love to have more of a blogging schedule so this will be coming in October.
- No phone after 8:30pm, this will certainly be my biggest challenge. I realised I spend too long on social media and my phone in general, hopefully this will help me wind down before bed and I can spend my time reading instead.
What are your October goals? Let me know!